Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hurt once, hurt forever

Posted by: GayGuy
I had once became a Christian. I was so obsessed with fulfilling the purposes of God, serving in ministries in Church, which was the well reckoned City Harvest Church located in Jurong West Street 91.

Being in a church very much against homosexuality, I have never revealed that I'm gay to anyone. They hold a stand that they are against homosexuality, but very willing to help, and thus claim that they love homosexuals by person, hate homosexuality by sin.

They conducted very few services preaching sermons dealing with the topic of homosexuality. Once, they invited Sy Rogers, a previously gay person that claimed that he have been molested by his uncle in his young age, and managed to "change" into a "normal" heterosexual.

Married, he is currently with children.

I mean, I AM BORN like that. How do you expect me to change. I really cannot change, and people can't always keep condemning people that cannot change.

Sad and disappointed with the church itself, I left after about 2 years. I felt I haven't gotten anything out of it, and I haven't changed a single bit.

Sy Rogers may be changed, because he was not gay by nature. He was gay because he was psychologically hurt at a young age, and therefore became gay, bearing a wound inside him.

I AM NOT. I believe I am born like that. I feel so stupid while during the time in Christ where I tried very hard to change, and even prayed to God about it. Nothing changed. Nothing.

I really want to hear from you if you have similiar experiences. I really feel like dedicating this blog to all the people out there that has yet come out of the closet, or has already come out of it. I will really like to hear from anyone, even if you aren't gay, or you are not from Singapore. The most I want to hear from are people living in Singapore and are gay.

Mail in your letters to: gay_2_d_bone@yahoo.com. If you feel uncomfortable revealing your email address to me, post a comment on my posts, and remember to select as an anonymous poster. Please also leave behind your nationality, and a nickname.

Thanks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Brother in Christ.

God loves you and accepts you as who you are, as a Gay Christian.

I was also from the same church you mentioned.

God bless
Lamb

http://www.psa91.com

9:27 PM  
Blogger Espion said...

Please visit my blogs, and lets talk. I know what you are going through. I have more to say.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine that what you have gone through but i can feel the unacceptance from your church or group and you are in need of accptance of what you are..... I am gay as well....my church did not know and I am not willing to tell anyone in church....

Please do not be alarmed.....

There are as many as millions of gays even bi out there but they did not reveal their identity.....

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home